Robert Medina Cook - Artist Biography
"Deep," "Expressive," "Original," - These are just a few of the many words collectors have used to describe Robert's photographic images. Born and raised in Northern New Mexico, his love of his native "land of clear light" is a powerful influence and can be seen in every image he lovingly brings to life.
Self taught and always learning, Robert's passion for images has become an ever-growing, enlightening journey of discovery. Inspired by the rich landscape and ancient history of the area - particularly Northern New Mexico - Robert's interpretation of light, texture, color and shape has slowly evolved into a unique style of capturing the "voice and essence of New Mexico."
A consummate professional with an eye for detail, Robert has complete creative control throughout the entire imaging process. "There's an unseen dialogue ...a 'psychic handshake' if you will, between the subject and the photographer. It is a huge responsibility ...indeed a sacred gift...to agree to honor the vision from capture to print. It's the driving force and reason I capture, develop, print, and even mount and frame the work myself. The continuity is an integral part of the creative process...and my way of honoring and giving thanks for the image."
A Few Facts About the Images
- All images are limited edition prints, and are signed, numbered and dated. A Certificate of Authenticity is also included with each print.
- All work is processed, printed, matted and framed exclusively by Robert.
- Images are processed using state of the art processes...and adhere to museum standards of Archival quality and longevity.
- Images are printed on high quality handmade paper...sing archival inks with a life span of 200 years (under glass).
- All matting is museum quality, 100% acid free cotton rag 4 ply on an archival, 3/16" foam core backing.
- Frames are high quality anodized black aluminum, glazing is a clear, high quality conservation glass that offers UV protection to help insure the preservation of the print.
Hubbard Museum of the American West Awards 2008
Robert Medina Cook's Photography won several awards this year, read the article about it here!