Rance Rogers - Artist StatementA day in the mountains or in a remote canyon helps my mind and body relax and unwind. Worries fall away and I begin to realize the magnitude and magic of being here. I recover my natural rhythm and remember the wisdom of my own inner nature. In a wild place I am actually in the middle of a great prayer.
Photography is my key to capture and reveal the silent, hidden beauty of nature that surrounds us. My collection of work comes from the desire to allow others to see and then immerse themselves in the beauty of nature. I am inspired to compose an image with light, contrast, color and leading lines. Each photograph has a path leading those that look upon it on a journey into and through the spirit and beauty of nature itself.
My goal is to reveal this inner landscape of nature in such a way that it allows people to discover the beauty and calmness of their own inner spirit; their hidden landscape.
Awards, Degrees & Recognition
• 2009 – Bronze Level Photographer of the Year – Professional Photographers of America (PPA)
• 2010 – Image published in National Geographic Traveler
• 2011 – Image Published in New Mexico Magazine
• 2013 – Image received Loan Collection status and published in PPA’s Best of the Best
• 2014 – Bronze Level Photographer of the Year – PPA
• 2016 – Master of Photography Degree – PPA
• 2008 to 2015 – 22 Nature Images recognized with Merit Awards from the PPA.
• 2012 – Featured in National Nature Photographic Center
o Western Exposures: A Journey of the Spirit collection
• 2016 – Featured in Jezebel Gallery – Madrid, NM